Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sunday Awesomeness

It was just another regular Sunday for me, which meant picking up the boys at 7:50am. As I drove towards the meeting point I could see little Gamad bouncing up and down like a rubber ball, obviously excited to get to the ice rink. I just love the drive on Sunday mornings because there is absolutely no traffic and what makes it awesome is that Sachi and Gamad have such a funny sense of humour that we keep ourselves entertained with a lot of nonsense talk. Their skills have improved so much these past few months and I finally purchased street hockey gear for both of them, so that they can practice in the week as well and it totally shows. Both of them are much more confident with the puck and stick, the skating is just so natural to them. When they came off the ice, Jason took them to the equipment room and kitted both of them out with all the gear that they need which includes, skates, ice hockey sticks, helmets, upper and lower body padding which amounts to about R6 000($600) Then he gave us a couple of Forms that will register them for the Western province Ice hockey Association, which would put the average player back R3 500($350) a year. As you might have gathered by now my boys are not average and I am so privileged and proud of them to be recognised as serious contenders for the league. Registration will take a couple of weeks but soon they will be playing competitively, which is what we aim to do with so many more kids at The Imilli Project. On the drive back to town, they could not stop bubbling about the gear and their first match and how one day they going to play for South Africa. A dream that just became a little bit more real on this awesome Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment