Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Free Stuff
Today was one of those days that just put a smile on my face. Eston has been working very hard on his studies and it has been tough for him trying to juggle studies with the project. One thing that does have an impact on him is his back. He injured it as a young boy and there are some days that he will be editing in excruciating pain. It does not help that he spends most of his time on an old manky plastic garden chair either.
I was busy working online and came upon this website called Greater Good SA which is a really awesome website to connect with causes and people who are looking to reach out to non-profits. I saw a post that advertised free office furniture and quickly thought of Eston.I sent the guy, Terry , an email not expecting a response at all because people go nuts for free stuff. Eston and I where busy working on episode 3 when the email from Terry came through with his phone number . Twenty minutes later Eston was sitting in his new(old) chair! Thank you so much Terry, you have made a young editor very happy and I hope your new office space is the bomb!
It is the reason why I am still smiling right now, we do not have much to build on our project because, to be honest, we are poor waiters and students trying to make a difference. What I do know is that we are on the right path because since we started this movement everything has fallen into our lap and we are only so grateful for that.
God has our back on this one , well at least mine, not sure what Eston is being punished for :)
Our next big mission is to set up our computer class. We have the facility, we have the people that is going to install it for us(for free) all we need is computers. As soon as we are registered, which will be in June, we can apply for computers from certain companies. Like everything else is a lengthy process and we simply can not wait that long, we got things to teach man! So if you know of any company or individuals who are looking to get new equipment or have new computers and got a bunch of the old working ones stashed somewhere, please email us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment