Friday, April 19, 2013
Ice Hockey Night
Last night we took the boys to their first ice hockey game. I have never been to a game myself so it was a new experience for all of us. After having a quick meal at Nando's, we bought our tickets and took our seats quite close to the rink itself.
Man what a game. We played United Arab Emirates and SA completely thrashed them. At half time the score was 8 - O but what we all noticed was the pace of the game. Clearly it is the fastest ball sport to date, if you can call a puck a ball. The intensity on ice is truly insane! The speed and agility these guys poses is phenomenal. It is definitely not for the faint hearted as these boys plough into each other like massive overloaded trucks that breaks have failed. You can not believe the hits that some of these oaks take but they just get up and carry on!
The boys where fixated on the game and you could see the excitement on their faces as they probably imagined how they would play an a couple months time.
I'm just so glad that they share the same enthusiasm and passion for skating as I did. When I saw them skate for the first time I knew they would. It is a combination of adrenalin, focus and knowing your abilities and pushing it to the limit. You think nothing can ever beat that feeling until you do something like bungy jumping.
Another Episode for another time though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment