Monday, April 1, 2013

Ice Skating

Yesterday, Sunday 30 March, we took the skater kids to the ice rink in Cape Town. It was supposed to be their first Ice hockey lessons but being Easter Sunday the trainers where not available. So we took them for a chilled session on the ice instead. The camera crew and I set out in the afternoon to meet them and their parents in Bo-Kaap. From there we hit the road to Grand West, a huge casino and entertainment centre where the Ice rink is situated. To be honest I think I shared the same excitement as the kids when we finally got on to the ice. Having not skated for over two years it was like riding a bicycle again. As I suspected they had a natural feel for the ice as well. In a few minutes they where dashing around the rink like experienced ice skaters and I found it quite hard in the beginning to keep up. The "go pro" camera was an absolute godsend and we captured some cool footage of the guys skating. The camera man and I both wiped out at one point and sustained a couple of nasty ice cuts, but nothing serious to write home about. With what we witnessed on Sunday, I am even more confident that our skater boys are going to dominate the ice hockey lessons. Catch our first video post on Wednesday the 3rd April!

No comments:

Post a Comment